Are you overweight and you’re looking for the best ways to shrink that ugly pounds?
If yes is your answer to the above, then this article is for you!
We’ve taken enough time to come up with a comprehensive guide on how to Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks, which includes tips and exercises as suggested by experts.
Before going into the main article, let’s consider some of the common reasons you may gain extra weight and fat in your body. This includes but not limited to:
- Excess junk foods intake
- Overeating of abundant calories
- High insulin levels and insulin resistance
- Certain Medications
- Leptin resistance
- Excess sucrose and sugar intake
Tips for Losing 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks
1. Monitor Your Caloric Intake
Although many weight watchers focus on other things than this, but may I tell you that watching your caloric intake is a top & easy solution to losing 20 Pounds in just 2 weeks.
This is how weight loss occurs…
The more you use the calories in your body, the more you will be able to lose fat, and there are two major ways to maximize your calories; either you eat less calories or you increase your workout and physical activity.
However, cutting your calories isn’t just enough for weight loss, it is more beneficial when you combine it with regular counting.
By monitoring the amount of calories you consume per day, you will be able to make healthier choices when it comes to choosing foods to eat, which could help boost your weight loss goals.
So, how can you track your calorie effectively?
There are two major ways to do that; either by using a food journal or a dedicated application.
Note: The minimum caloric intake recommended for male is 1500 calories per day while that of female is 1200 calories.
Read Also: How to Lose 10 Pounds in a Week
2. Drink More Water
You must have heard it several times that drinking water is good for the body. But do you know that it can also help you lose significant amount of pounds in few days?
Multiple studies reveal that water is capable of increasing metabolism, which in turn increase the calories your body burns after eating – the key to losing weight fast.
In addition to the above, it will please you to know that drinking water with meals can make you feel longer for a longer period, and thus reducing your cravings for food that could’ve triggered excess weight gain in you.
To get better results, drink a minimum of 1–2 liters of water daily, and you will be proud you did.
3. Increase Protein Intake
Eating protein-rich foods can also increase your chances of losing 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks.
This is because these foods are associated with increased metabolism, increased fullness, and reduced appetite – all of which contributes to weight loss.
Here is a list of the best high-protein foods for losing extra pounds in few days- Lean turkey, Beans and legumes, Soy, Lowfat milk, yogurt and cheese, Tuna, to mention but a few.
Read Also: 13 Best Weight Loss and Diet Tips for Women
4. Minimize Your Refined Carbs Intake
Refined carbs are nutrient-poor due to the fact that their content of nutrient and fiber had been eliminated while they are being processed.
These are foods like pastas, white breads, cereals and pre-packaged products. Part of the reasons you should not consume these kinds of foods is because they are associated with high glycemic index, meaning they are quickly digested and absorbed in the body.
When there is rapid digestion, it may result in spikes and crashes in blood sugar levels, and thus causing food cravings.
Moreover, these foods can also increase the amount of fat and weight in your body. So why continue eating them!
Some of the best whole-grain alternatives for weight loss include couscous, quinoa, brown rice, barley, among others.
5. Increase Your Fiber Intake
Eating less calories is one of the keys to weight loss, and fortunately fiber rich foods can help you with that.
When you eat foods rich in fiber, they exhibit satiety-boosting effects, meaning you will feel fuller and crave less for food that could potentially cause excess weight gain.
Some examples of fiber-dense foods include – fruits, legumes, beans, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
Here are some best exercises that could help you lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks:
1. Cardio Exercise
Cardio exercises are just too beneficial not to the human heart alone but also to the entire body.
If you are truly resolute about losing 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks, then we recommend giving these workouts a try.
Some of the best cardio exercises for losing weight include squats, push-ups, jumping, skipping, jogging, etc.
2. Total Body Work Out
This workout helps in quickening up the heart rate and is also considered one of the best exercises for losing 20 pound in few days.
How to Do It
- To start with, you need to squat with both hands on the ground in your front.
- After that, jump the feet back to a push up position and begin to lower your chest to the ground at the same time.
- Using the two arms to push up, and then return to squat position
- Lastly, jump up & clasp both hands. Repeat it for about 20 times.
3. Chop Away
This is a full body workout and it works the obliques, making it one of the great exercises for blasting fat in the belly region.
How to Do It
- Hold a weight with both feet shoulder width apart, pick the right toes up as well as your left heel and rotate them to the right.
- While rotating, bring the free weight up to create a diagonal line from both shoulders.
- Now, in a motion swing, swing the weight down over your left leg while slowly rotating into a lunge.
- Repeat 10 times, alternate, and then repeat 10 times on the opposite side
4. Plank, Jack and Row
This exercise is more or less a combined one, and each move helps in slimming down significant amount of fat in the body.
To start with, the plank helps in defining the abs and keeping the core strong, and the jack evaluates the stability of your hips and back, while the row strengthens and sculpts both the back and shoulders.
How to Do It
- Hold a 12 pound weight in both hands and begin in a plank while keeping your feet wide.
- Now, soften your knees & squeeze your legs at the same time, and then jump back out to the initial wide plank.
- With your hips square to the ground, row a weight to the rib cage.
- Repeat Jack and after that row on the opposite side.
- Repeat 10 on each side (making 20 times altogether)
5. Dip N’ Walk
The Dip N’ Walk exercise targets the core, glutes, as well as the hamstrings simultaneously.
How to Do It
- Sit on the mat, place both hands behind your butt, the feet under the knees, and lift both toes off the ground.
- Keep your wrists comfortable and stable by holding on to your free weights, and then lift your buttocks off the ground.
- Now, bend at the elbow you are using to work the triceps in order to lower your body down
- Immediately you push back up, place both arms straight arms straight and walk the foot out and inside (right, left, right, left)
- Lastly, lower back down into your dip. Repeat for about 10 times with your right leg and then 10 times leading with the opposite leg.
6. Picture Perfect Bicycles
This exercise will help strengthen your abs and shred some pounds off your body.
How to Do It
- Lie on your back, place both hands behind your head, pull the knees into your chest and then lift your shoulders up from the ground.
- While slowly extending a leg out, begin to rotate your torso to the other leg.
- After the rotation, try lifting up higher and holding for some seconds.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Do it again 20 times (10 on each side).
You can also read: 10 Healthy Fat Burning Snacks for Effective Weight Loss At Home