One of the most frustrating things ever is when you see a very beautiful dress but can’t just buy it because of those stubborn arm fats. It’s really frustrating. Isn’t it!
That being said, would you like to get slim and toned arms in that dress? Try any of the following easy-to-perform exercises to tone and lose arm fats fast at home:
#1. Triceps Dips
NB: You need a sturdy well-secured chair or bench for this exercise
- Firstly, place both hands behind you on the edge of the bench/chair just under the shoulders with your fingers facing the hips and your legs stretched straight in your front.
- At this point, you ought to look as though you are about sliding off the chair but caught yourself.
- After that, lift the butt upwards off the bench/chair until both arms become straight. This serves as the starting position.
- Now, lower the butt toward the ground simply by bending the elbows as low as you possibly can. This is 1 rep of the exercise.
- Push your back up in order to make your arms straight once more and repeat the process.
- If you’d like to make it easier, just bend your knees with your feet flat on the ground.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
- To start with, lie flat on your stomach on the ground
- After that, adjust your position in such a way that your hands will be on the floor with both palms facing down and about shoulder-width apart while your feet are placed together and both toes pointing to the downward direction
- Stick both elbows to your side, and bend them thereafter to raise your body slightly off the ground.
- Support the bodyweight with your hands and toes, and then place your head down in order to form a straight line with your body. This serves as the starting position.
- In a slow manner, begin to push yourself upwards as you maintain form until your elbows are able to become locked.
- This is 1 rep.
- After that, start lowering yourself down until you return to the starting position
- Do 10 – 15 reps for 3 sets.
#3. Arm Circles
- Raise and stretch your two hands to the sides and be sure to keep them straight
- Now, begin to move both arms forward in small, quick circles.
- Perform set of 15 – 20 rotations.
- Lastly, reverse the direction of the circles and perform another set of 16 – 20 rotations.
NB: If you chose to sit during this exercise, be sure that you place both feet on the floor and that your back is straight.
- Place both forearms on the ground directly underneath your shoulders at about shoulder-width apart.
- Try keeping the elbows at a 90-degree angle.
- Let your feet become straight once more and tuck the toes under you.
- Place your head down so as to allow your body to form/maintain a straight line
- Lastly, begin to tighten your belly muscles and stay in this position for at least 30 seconds
#5. Single Arm Lateral Raise
NB: You need a pair of dumbbell for this exercise.
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands
- Stand with both feet shoulder-width apart, place both arms at your sides, and let your palms be facing downward. This is the staring position.
- With your body still steady and straight, gently lift either of your arms with the dumbbell to around shoulder level. At this juncture, your arms are ought to be slightly bent at the elbow while your hand should be tilting forward as though you are pouring water from a bottle.
- Maintain this position for little seconds and then go back to the starting position using your hand. This is 1 rep.
- Switch both arms and do about 7 to 10 reps for each.
#6. Inverted Row
- Firstly, grab onto a solid coffee table or a sturdy chair near you and lie flat on the floor.
- As you grip the edge of the coffee table or sturdy chair, begin to pull the upper body off the floor, hold for some seconds and start lowering yourself back down
- Do as many as you possibly can, then repeat 2 times
#7. Overhead Press
- Stand up, line both feet with the hips, and then place a dumbbell in your hands with your palms facing out
- Bring the dumbbells to the shoulders.
- Keep the core muscles tight and let your arms be straight above you
- In a slow manner, bring both arms back down to the shoulders
- Perform 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
#8. Straight Arm Pull Back
- Hold a pair of dumbbell in both hands and stand with both feet hip-width apart
- Bend to the forward direction with the hips and bend both knees [slightly]to come into a slight squat position.
- Straighten your back and place your torso parallel to the ground while hanging both hands straight down.
- This serves as the starting position.
- While your arms still remain straight, raise and extend them backward as well as your body until they are able to become parallel to the ground.
- Maintain the position for a few seconds and then release the arms to go back to the starting position.
- This is 1 rep. repeat about 2 – 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps.
Read Also: 10 Core Exercises to Flatten Your Belly Fast
#9. Bent Over Row
- To start with, hold a pair of dumbbell in both hands and let your palms be facing forward
- Stand with both feet shoulder-width apart and bend your knees in a slight manner
- Bend forward with the hips in order to make your body tilted in a straight line parallel to the ground
- This serves as the starting position
- While you tuck both elbows at your side as much as you possibly can, exhale and pull the weight towards your body.
- This is 1 rep.
- Gently return your arms to the initial position and repeat.
- Perform 2 – 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps.
#10. Tricep Extension
- Stand with both feet shoulder-width apart, and hold a dumbbell using both arms
Lift and stretch your arms over the head until your arms are able to form a straight line
- This serves as the starting position.
- Now, what you have to do is to bend both arms at the elbows, gently lower the dumbbell behind your head and toward the back as low as you possibly can
- This is 1 rep. Perform 3 sets of 10 – 15 reps.
#11. Skull Crushers
- Hold a pair of dumbbells in both hands, and lie on your back with both knees a bit bent
- Gently raise both arms directly above your chest, while ensuring that your elbows are straight [yet not locked]
- Gently lower your arms toward the head, and then bend the elbows to a 90 degree while the weights reach the mat.
- Try lowering the weights such that they can be around either side of your head with both elbows bent and pressing in directly toward your head. Be very careful at this stage so as not to hit yourself in the face
- Lastly, lift both arms back to the initial position
- Perform 2 – 3 sets, 10-15 reps each.
#12. Triceps Lift
- Hold a dumbbell with your right hand and stand in a split stance while you place your left foot forward
- Now, bend your left knee and lower the torso until it becomes parallel to the floor. Let your back leg remain straight and your shoulders should be facing forward
- After that, lift your right arm to shoulder height, pointing the dumbbell toward the ceiling
- Done? Pulse your right arm an inch up and down, while you keep your arms as straight as you possibly can
- Perform 25 pulses, then alternate sides