Stretch marks is very common among people of all categories, including the old and young, men and women, black and white, boys and girls, etc.
However, some stretch marks can be very stubborn such that they may still persist despite using several medications.
Are you also finding it difficult to get rid of stretch marks around your body? Don’t worry! We’ve got the perfect solution for you!
In this article, you will find various “proven” techniques for getting rid of stretch marks fast. Not that alone, you’ll also know more about this skin issue, ranging from its meaning, common causes, and how to prevent its appearance or reappearance. So, read through!
What Are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are scars or disfiguring lesions which appears on certain parts of your body as a result of response to sudden growth or stretching.
This is how stretch marks are formed; when your skin is being stretched beyond its natural daily tugging and pulling, the elastin and collagen fibers responsible for its growth and stretchiness will begin to break down, making your skin to be unable to respond to the swift changes and it has no other choice than to tear and become scarred.
Stretch marks can be found in people of all categories, regardless of their age or gender, albeit women are more susceptible to these disfiguring lesions than men.
One thing about Stretch marks is that they can appear on almost any part of the body, but they are mostly found around regions like the abdomen, thighs, hips, breasts, and buttocks.
Stretch marks at the initial stage could come in pink, red, or purple color and can cause itches or feel bumpy. The longer they stay on your skin, the more the color will fade and blend with your skin color.
What Causes Stretch Marks?
As earlier said, Stretch marks occur when your skin is stretched too far or grows too fast. Some of the common factors that could overstretch your skin include:
Studies reveal that 50 and 90% of women will develop them during pregnancy. The reason is that an average pregnant woman gain about 25 and 30 pounds, and this rapid weight gain could be enormous to the body, and may result in stretch marks, especially around your belly.
Teenagers are another set of people who are very prone to stretch marks. The reason is that their bodies undergo several changes during a very short space of time, and the body may become extremely stretched due to the rapid changes, which may further lead to stretch marks in areas like the arms, hips, buttocks.
3. Rapid Weight Gain
Rapid weight gain can also lead to Stretch marks. When you gain weight at a very fast rate, your body will find it difficult to cope with the sudden stretching which may cause the collagen to break down and eventually tear in overstretched places.
Rapid weight gain may occur due to several things, including medical or hormonal conditions such as menopause in women, thyroid issues, stress, etc.
4. Steroid Creams
While steroid creams are very effective for treating various skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema, and skin allergies, the ugly side is that they may cause some stretches around your body.
The reason is that steroids are likely to break down connective tissues in your skin, which often leads to stretch marks. These stretch are likely to be itchy, stubborn and difficult to reduce in appearance.
WHAT ARE THE BEST WAYS TO GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS FAST?
You can get rid of stretch marks fast using any of these strategies:
1. Spread Aloe Vera over Your Stretch Marks
Aloe Vera is packed with some moisturizing components, which will keep your skin moist when applied.
This natural plant is scientifically proven to be effective and fast in treating stretch marks, and some other skin issues.
2. Apply Stretch Mark Cream Twice a Day
Stretch mark creams provide one of the fastest way to remove stretch marks on the skin.
A good stretch marks cream can reduce the appearance of your stretch marks under a few weeks.
To apply a stretch mark cream on your skin, follow these simple steps:
- Go for a warm shower so as to open pores in your skin.
- Put a significant amount of the cream on your stretch marks.
- Gently massage the affected areas in a circular motion for something around 2 minutes.
- Leave the cream to fully penetrate into your skin for at least 5 minutes and put on your clothes thereafter.
- Apply twice a day until you see results.
3. Use Coconut Oil
Coconut oil will increase blood circulation to your skin and produces collagen fibers, which are very essential for treating stretch marks.
It also maintains the skin’s elasticity and suppleness.
See how to use coconut oil to remove your stretch marks below:
- Get a coconut, cut into two halves, and extract the flesh using a scraper
- Now, cut the flesh into small pieces
- Put them in a blender and shred at medium speed. You can add some hot water if needs be.
- Pour the shredded coconut into a jar over a stainer.
- Next is to leave the jar in the fridge throughout the night (This will allow the coconut milk to separate from the oil)
- Scoop out the solidified coconut oil from the jar
- Place them in a saucepan and power up the stove (for low-medium heat)
- Stir it frequently and cook for about 1 hour.
- Allow it to cool down for about 13 – 15 minutes before pouring over a coffee filter to extract oil. The solution is ready!
- Lastly, apply the oil twice daily on stretch marks until you see improvement.
4. Get Rid of Your Stretch Marks with Retinol
Retinol, a compound found in Vitamin A is yet another fast way for getting rid of stretch marks.
It produces collagen that your skin needs to repair your stretch marks.
However, excess Vitamin A may be unhealthy for pregnant women, so make sure you consult your doctor before using Retinol.
So, how can you treat Stretch marks with Retinol? Here we go:
- Buy a Quality Retinol cream.
- Apply a relatively small quantity in the affected areas.
- Apply once on your skin every other day in the first week.
- Apply once daily during week 2.
- Starting from the third week, apply twice daily, morning and night after a warm shower.
- Continue the usage until you see improvement
5. Massage Your Skin with Black Tea
Black tea massage is very effective and fast in eliminating stretch marks at home.
The power behind its effectiveness could be traced to the excess vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants it is packed with.
With these combos, Black tea will help decrease in cell damages and control your skin pigmentation.
Treating stretch marks with Black tea:
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of black tea powder.
- Put the black tea powder in warm water so as to dissolve it.
- After that, add salt and then boil for 2 – 3 minutes
- Allow it to cool down for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Apply 3 times a day on the areas where the stretch marks are.
- Apply regularly until you get the desired results.
6. Rub Your Skin with Natural White Sugar
Natural white sugar contains excellent natural exfoliating properties, which are very effective in reducing the appearance of stretch marks effectively within a short time.
It exfoliates the skin, eliminate dead skin cells, and stimulate the formation of new skin.
How can I use sugar to eliminate stretch marks? Follow these simple steps:
- Stir 2 tablespoons of natural white sugar together with some almond oil.
- Apply it on the affected areas for a very short while
- Allow it to penetrate into your skin for 4 – 5 minutes
- Rinse it off using warm water or better still take a warm shower.
- Keep doing this for at least four weeks (a month) and your stretch marks should have faded away by then
7. Keep Your Skin Hydrated With Moisturizer
Moisturizer provides one of the best ways of removing stretch marks fast. In fact, several studies reveal that people who apply herbal moisturizers regularly are able to eliminate stretch marks faster than those who didn’t.
Herbal moisturizers are full of potent ingredients that are capable of reducing the appearance of stretch marks to a great extent. Not that alone, they also tighten your skin by boosting its elasticity.
Applying Herbal moisturizers on your skin will keep your skin hydrated, which in return will tighten it and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. They will also prevent the formation of new ones on your skin.
However, you need to be aware that a quality herbal moisturizer will treat your stretch marks gradually, which simply means you need lots of patience when using it.
Perhaps you are skeptical about the safety and quality of your chemical based moisturizer, you may replace it with a natural moisturizer derived from Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ oil or Olive Oil.
HOW TO PREVENT STRETCH MARKS
These are some of the most effective methods for preventing stretch marks:
- Stay hydrated by drinking enough water (preferably six to eight glasses daily)
- Use specialized creams and lotions
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.