One of the ultimate dreams of anybody is to have a perfect body posture as well as a sexier look. In a bid to achieve that, most people spend huge amount of money working out at the gym.
The plain truth is that you don’t really have to spend heavily at the gym as you can perform some bodyweight workouts right at the comfort of your home and still get that perfect body shape.
Fortunately, most of the Bodyweight Workouts don’t require any special equipment and you can do it anywhere at home, or even with your friends.
On the plus side, these exercises will not only help in building your muscles, they will also help burn a significant amount of calories in your body!
That being said, this article contains the list of Bodyweight Workouts to Do At Home, as well as the steps to be followed.
Let’s get started!
Why Start Bodyweight Workouts?
Wondering why you should start Bodyweight Training at home today? Consider the following:
1. It’s a super-efficient workout.
Despite the fact that this kind of exercise requires no equipment, they are fast-acting and yield major results.
2. You can burn fat – fast.
Engaging yourself in just a few minutes of bodyweight circuit training can impact your body’s metabolism, which is quite helpful for shedding some fats in your body.
3. You’ll gain core strength.
Your core is not only made up of six-pack abs as there are more than twenty-nine muscles make up the trunk of the body, and most bodyweight movements can help in working them all.
Exercises like this will not only give you tighter abs, but also a better body posture, relieved lower back stress, as well as an improved overall health.
4. It can increase your flexibility.
When you engage in Bodyweight training through a full range motion, it ensures that all your points are moving freely, which may result in increased flexibility.
Not that alone, it can also improve your posture and might also reduce the risk of exercise-related injury.
5. There’s never an excuse to not workout.
Parts of the common reasons why many people don’t engage in exercises include insufficient time and Inconvenience.
Fortunately, bodyweight exercises helps you overcome the common obstacles as you only need a little time and space to carry out the exercise.
6. Mixing up your workout is easy.
There are lots of reasons why most people don’t engage in Indoor exercise, but the good news is that bodyweight exercises can be done inside or outdoors; you can do it while at home or with a group of friends.
7. It can help with injury prevention.
Without any doubts, Injury may hinder you from working out, so the best thing is to prevent those aches and pains at the initial stage.
Bodyweight exercises are helpful in achieving that, and the also these exercises are safe for people of all categories, regardless of their experience, age, or fitness level.
Some bodyweight movements can also serve as an effective option for rehabilitation, as well as for people with certain impairments.
8. It requires little or no equipment
Unlike most other forms of exercise that you need to hit the gym or get some equipment, bodyweight exercises require little or no equipment.
This simply means that you can work anywhere, including your local park or Kids playground. This is an ideal workout for people who travel often or have no access to a gym.
9. It is 100% free
Without any doubts, Gym memberships are becoming more expensive these days, in fact some cost as high as $25 a month at a chain gym like 24 Hour Fitness to over $200 at a CrossFit gym.
If you are on a budget, then it might be a huge amount of expenses. Switching to bodyweight exercises will help save the cost you’re ought to incur on monthly gym while maintain a better posture.
10. It makes you a better athlete
If you are the type that engages in some other sports apart from workouts, you will certainly need to run, jump, twist, lunge, squat, pull, or press.
Part of the benefits of bodyweight training is that it helps your body parts to move as they ought to, so as to keep them active for all sporting activities like running, twisting, squatting, etc.
Bodyweight Workouts to Do At Home
Here are 5 Bodyweight Workouts to Do At Home:
1. Reverse Lunges
- Begin by standing with your feet about shoulder-width apart
- With your left foot, step backwards, land on the ball of your foot and then bend your knees so as to form two 90-degree angles
- Return to standing by pushing through your right heel
- Repeat on the other side.
2. Lateral Leg Raises
- Lie on your side with your legs extended.
- Lift the upper leg about 45 degrees, then slowly lower it
- Do 5 lifts with your toe flexed
- Do 5 lifts with your toe pointed
- Do 5 lifts with your toe upward [pointed toward the ceiling]
- Repeat on the other side.
3. Spider-Man Mountain Climbers
- Start in a high plank
- Now, drive your right knee out and toward your right tricep. While still doing it, turn your head to see your knee meet your arm
- Change sides as fast as possible while still maintaining a sturdy plank and your torso also in place
4. Bicycle Crunches
- Lie down while bending your knees and putting your hands behind the head
- With the knees in toward the chest, bring your elbow towards the left knee and watch the right leg straightens.
- Keep alternating sides as thou you are pedaling.
5. Triceps Dip
- Sit near a step or bench
- Get seated on the floor while your knees are slightly bent
- Now, Grab the edge of the elevated surface and then straighten your arms
- Bend the arms to a 90-degree angle and straighten once again with your heels pushing toward the floor
- For better results, you can reach the right arm out with your left leg lifted.
You can also read: 5 Cardio Workouts for Effective Weight Loss