Have you ever tried putting on that your favorite cloth but can’t fit deeply with your thighs? Well, you’re not alone; diverse of people are also experiencing the same issue
However, in an attempt to help get rid of the excess fat in the upper thigh, a lot of workout suggestions has been made all over the internet or even from friends.
The truth is that many of these exercises or workouts suggestions don’t include the key targeted moves that will help you lose the inner and outer thigh fat.
Perhaps you’ve also tried some of the workouts and you seem not to be noticing any reduction in the fats. Don’t worry; we are here to help you. Yes!
In this article, you will find 7 easy exercises you can do to lose Upper thigh Fat in 7 days.
If you can follow each of these steps religiously, we guarantee you of losing weight in thighs in just 1 week. So, kindly read through…
What Are The Major Causes Of Excess Fat In The Upper Thigh?
Basically, fat gets accumulated in the upper thighs due to the female hormones. In cases where you have an abnormal menstrual cycle or unpleasant bleeding occurs, it might be because of an under-production or over-production of either estrogen or progesterone.
The two hormones are basically produced in the ovaries and when there is an imbalance in the hormone levels, fat cells will then begin to accumulate.
Again, prior to the time when women reach their menopause, there is high tendency that excess fat will get stored in their hips and thighs.
It is usually regarded to as the pear shaped body.
Additionally, some women may experience excess fat in their hips and thighs as a result of extra calories taken when they were pregnant or breastfeeding their newly-born babies.
The female body requires an average of 1000 extra calories a day at this stage, and this might lead to excess fat in the hips and thighs.
Other Causes Of Fat Accumulation In The Thighs Include:
- Eating the Wrong Foods
- Lack of Physical Activity
What Are The Easy Exercises For Losing Upper Thigh Fat In A Week At Home?
Engage in the following exercises and you will surely lose thigh fat in a week. It’s a promise!
1. Cardio Exercises
If you intend losing fat at the upper thigh or any other part of your body, it is very important to lose weight all over the body, rather than focusing on a specific area.
You can simply achieve that by engaging in cardio or any exercise that increases the heart rate and strengthen the legs.
Some of the cardio exercise you should try out includes: jump toe-touch, climbing, brisk walking, skipping, swimming, running [especially speed race], high-impact dancing and so on.
The power of skipping cannot be overemphasized as it helps trim your leg, you can get a skipping rope and skip regularly while at home.
You will notice an appreciable reduction in your thigh levels within a week.
You can also play your favorite dance video and dance to it for about 30 minutes to 1hr daily, it will help cut down a significant amount of calories in the entire body.
Running is another cardio exercise you should consider; it helps slim down your thighs and reshape your legs.
However, it must be noted that running on an incline can help burn more calories than running on a flat surface.
It decreases the size of the muscles by reducing excess fat and thus trimming down your upper thighs.
Enough of cardio exercise, let’s now focus on exercises that deal strictly with fat reduction in the thigh area.
Read more: 5 Cardio Workouts for Effective Weight Loss
2. Leg Stretch
Benefit: It ensures proper blood circulation, and you will begin to feel the effect after a minimum of 3 consecutive sets.
- Keep your legs joined and stretched while you sit upright
- Move the legs slowly apart as far as you can.
- Then, breathe in as you bend right to touch the toes of the right foot with both your hands
- Try touching the knees with your head. Relax and hold for 5 seconds.
- Lift your head up slowly and bring your hands to each side of your pelvis. Ensure you breathe out while doing so.
- Do this for the left side.
- Repeat this 10 times.
3. Air Cycling
Benefit: It helps in losing fat in the upper thigh areas and can also take care of your pelvic and knee joints.
- Lie on your back while you face the ceiling.
- Lift your legs up to 90 degrees.
- Begin to move your legs as thou you’re cycling forward
- Keep doing this for the next 1 minute
- Slowly put down your legs and relax a bit
- Move your legs as high as 90 degrees and start air cycling, but in the backward direction this time around for 1 minute.
- Repeat the set for about 5 times.
Benefit: They work mostly on the inner thighs and also take care of the gluteal muscles. They also help cut a few extra pounds from your butts.
- Stand in a straight direction your feet about 3cm apart.
- Hold light weights.
- With your right leg, step forward and bend your left leg to come to a “proposing” position.
- Do this with the left leg as well.
- Repeat the set 10 times.
5. Scissor Kick
Benefit: They work your thighs and buttock muscles and tone them as well.
- On a mat, lie straight and hold your head by simply placing your palms behind it.
- Slowly lift your leg and make sure they are both straight
- Vertically move both legs apart, bring them together, and move them apart again.
- Repeat 15 times with each leg.
6. Leg Closes
Benefit: They help cut down a sizable amount of fat in the upper thighs.
- With your back lying on ground, Lift your legs in the air forming a 90° angle to the ground.
- Spread your legs slowly as wide as possible into a v-shape, until you start feeling the tension.
- Slowly close both legs back together still upright to the ground.
- Repeat the process from the starting position.
7. Leg Pulses
Benefit: Help in losing fat in the upper thighs
- Lie on your left side and bend your right leg until your knee and hip forms a straight line.
- By now, your left leg is ought to be extending with your toes pointing forward.
- While your right leg remains in position, slowly raise your left leg off the ground.
- Move your left leg continuously to the upward and downward position without them touching the ground to create tension.
- Now return to the initial starting position and repeat
How Many Times A Week Should I Workout?
Since your goal is to lose upper thigh fast in a week, it is recommended that you repeat the exercise for about 4-5 times a week to achieve optimal results. You can use the other days for rest.
Tips for Losing Upper Thigh Fat in a Week At Home
1. Watch your salt intake.
Salt intake makes the body to retain more water than required and this might lead to a bloat that can affect your whole body, including your thighs and hips.
The more you take salt, the more the fats will get, so make sure you cut back by placing a limit on processed foods like sauces, canned veggies, and soups, which are often loaded with sodium.
2. Add more electrolytes into your diet.
Electrolytes like calcium, magnesium, and potassium competes with salt in the body, and the higher the electrolytes in your body, the less salt your body will retain.
Some excellent sources of electrolytes include Dark leafy greens, yogurt, bananas, but to mention a few.
3. Cut back on carbs.
When Carbs is taken into your body, they are transformed into glycogen, which is later stored together with water in your liver and muscle.
This simply means that the higher the carbs you eat the more water your body will retain, so make sure you take only low-carb diets.
4. Eat more fiber and protein.
Fiber and protein also help you in losing fat in the upper thigh as they help keep you fuller on fewer calories. So, make sure you eat more of these macronutrients.
5. Drink green tea
Green tea is one of the most effective weight-loss beverages, and they fasten the fat loss process. They help increase your metabolism and more calories are burned.
To even achieve a better result, drink green tea first thing in the morning and drink a cup before bed.
Foods for Thinner and Leaner Thighs
No matter the type of workout you do, if you don’t back the process with the right type of foods then you’re only exercising in vain.
Some of the foods that can help you achieve thinner and leaner thighs fast include:
- Low peanut butter
- Walnuts & Almonds
- Green tea
- Oats and Whole Grains
- Apple Cider Vinegar, and many others.
You can also read: Top Exercises for Losing Weight in 2 Weeks
Was this article helpful to you?
Which of the aforementioned workouts would you like to try first?
Did this article help you in losing fat in the upper thigh fats in 7 days?
Kindly share your views and opinions via the comment box.